Effective Date: March 5, 2019
Last Updated: March 5, 2019
Information We Obtain
There are three ways in which the Company may collect personal information from you: you provide it; we collect it automatically through our Services; or we collect it in conjunction with a request for help from our support staff.
1. Information You Provide: Through your use of our Services, and other interactions, you may voluntarily choose to provide the Company with personal information. This user-provided information may include any of the following:
- Contact Information: We may use your contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email address, to send you Service-related notices, marketing and promotional materials and communications, announcements, and information about other products or services that we provide. You may opt-out of any non-essential or non-Service related communications at your convenience by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Business Information: This may include information such as the nature of your business, your company name, employees’ names and business addresses, your business phone number, address information, and preferences.
- Payment Processing: If you are a paid user of our Services and have provided your credit card, banking information, or other payment information, we retain all provided payment or financial information, such as credit card numbers. We may utilize your payment or financial information as necessary to bill and collect for the Services, as more thoroughly explained in Company’s Subscriber Terms of Service. In addition, all such information, which can include your credit card or bank account number, billing address, and contact information, is shared with third-party payment processing and receivable management companies. These third-parties are under contract with Company and are bound to protect the confidentiality of your payment processing information.
- . When payment and or financial information is shared and transmitted to third-parties, Company will not have direct responsibility or control over such information. As such, Company cannot and does not guarantee that the transmission of your payment or financial information will always be secured against access from unauthorized third-parties. There is always the chance that unauthorized third parties will be able to defeat the security measures taken by Company or the third-parties we have contracted with. The Company makes no representations or warranties and assumes no liability or responsibility for improper access to or disclosure of your payment or financial information due to unauthorized third-party access, errors in transmission, or other causes beyond Company’s control.
2. Information We Collect Automatically: We may also collect certain information from you automatically, using technologies such as Cookies, Logs, Device Identifiers, Web Beacons, and Web Analytic Software. The information we collect automatically may include your:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address, Unique Device Identified (UDID), and protocol information;
- Browser language and browser agent;
- Domain Name System (DNS) requests;
- Browsing history, limited only to the time spent on the domain, time and date of the visit, number of clicks, and referring link from which the user came;
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) headers and application information, system date, full request, status, and content length;
- Operating System, and/or
- Similar behavioral, usage, and/or device information.
We also use temporary and permanent Cookies to uniquely identify your browser or to store settings or other information on your device. These Cookies may include HTTP Cookies, HTML5 Cookies, or other types of Cookie storage, such as browser-based storage. If temporary Cookies are used, these Cookies will be removed from your computer each time you close your browser.
Users must be aware that any preferences will be lost if Cookies are deleted, and many websites will not work properly, or functionality will be lost. The Company therefore does not recommend turning Cookies off when using the Website. Most browsers accept Cookies automatically, but users can alter the settings of their browser to erase cookies or to prevent automatic acceptance. A visit to the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu on their browser may allow users to change settings.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete Cookies from your computer as well as more general information about Cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting Cookies may impact on the functionality of the Website.
Some pages of our Website and the emails we send in conjunction with the Services we provide may include Web Beacons, or small single-pixel images, that are used along with Cookies to analyze how our Website is used or to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to improve our Services by gauging the effectiveness of our communications.
In conjunction with the gathering of information through Cookies, we may log information such as your device type, browser type, operating system, language, time zone, country, and other location information or system settings. We may also record information such as the address of the page that referred you to our Website, your IP address, and what pages you visit while using our Services.
We may use third-party Web Analytic Software, including but not limited to Google Analytics. This software helps us better understand and serve the users of our Services by analyzing how our users interact with our Services. Any information collected by this technology is disclosed to and collected by the third-party Web Analytic Software providers.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
Any information we collect is used to help run the Company. We never sell or rent any personal information to a third-party and only use information in connection with the reason it was provided. The purposes for which we may use the information we collect can include:
- Communicating with you about products, Services, or promotions by sending newsletters and other marketing communications;
- Providing you with news or information about other Services that Company provides, which you may be interested in;
- To better understand users and to help us improve the content and functionality of our Services and Website;
- Performing diagnostics on our Services to evaluate their operations and how users are using them;
- Processing and responding to troubleshooting requests to answer questions or solve problems
- Maintaining our systems, Services, and information databases;
- Improving our business, Services, and Website, which includes developing new products or Services, and performing accounting, billing, or collections activities;
- Responding to your submission of your contact information and resume in conjunction with a job opportunity.
You may be allowed to visit the Website without providing any personal information. In other situations, you may be required to provide personal information to utilize certain portions of the Website and/or certain Services. If you choose not to provide personal information when prompted, you may not be able to use certain Services or portions of the Website.
We do not sell personal information. However, if we work with any third-parties or subcontractors, they may have access to your personal information to perform their duties. There are also certain circumstances where we may share your personal information with third-parties without notice or consent by you. These can include:
- Services Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party vendors who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We utilize these vendors for a variety of purposes, such as to send you communications via emails, host, provide, or help us provide the Services to our users, analyze use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our Services are hosted by third-party providers. We may share data about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their Services.
- . While utilizing our Services or communicating with you, we may offer to connect you or any user directly with a third-party vendor or service provider. Your decision to accept or deny this offer is entirely in your control and at your discretion. Our option to connect you directly with any third-party does not imply our endorsement or recommendation of any third-party; instead it is provided as a convenience to our users. The services provided by third-parties may differ from those of the Company. The Policies described here only apply to the Services Company provides. We encourage our users to carefully decide before working or engaging with any third-party.
- Legal Requirements: We may share your personal information (i) if required to do so through any law, court order, or regulation; (ii) to comply with a legal obligation such as responding to requests by law enforcement agencies; (iii) to protect and defend the rights of Company if we deem it necessary to prevent harm, injury, or loss; (iv) in connection with an internal investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity; or (v) to protect against legal liability.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a corporate sale, merger, or a similar event, personal information will likely be included as part of the sale of the business or transferred assets.
Information Retention: We will keep your personal information in a manner consistent with applicable data protection law. We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we process your personal information or to comply with the law. For information on how long certain personal information is likely to be kept before being removed from our systems and databases, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites: Throughout our Services, you may find links to third-party websites where those websites have privacy policies that may differ from those of the Company. The Policies described here only apply to the Services Company provides. Links coming from our Services do not imply endorsement by Company. We encourage our users to carefully read the privacy statements of any websites you visit.
Children: Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our Services. Users between 13 and 18 years of age may require your parent(s) or guardian(s) to consent to your use of our Services. If you have doubt, please do not use our Services or provide us with any information.
Security: We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your data and to maintain data security. These safeguards include the use of Secure Socket Layers, which is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. In addition, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
However, the Internet is an inherently dangerous place. As such, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information or personal information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your username, password, or other security information for your account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your username and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
California Privacy Rights: With certain exceptions, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits certain individuals who have utilized the Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of any personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Do Not Track Signals: We currently do not offer functionality for you to opt out through “do not track” signals.
We strive to keep your personal information as complete and accurate as possible. If necessary, we will take any reasonable steps to update any data you have provided through our Services.
If you would like to access, correct, or amend any personal information we may have about you, or if you have any questions about this Privacy Policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.